Friday, August 3, 2007

Morgan and the Guitar

I had a new experience today - and it was 110% fun! Marc Moran builds custom guitars . He recently contacted me to do some "product" images. After a nice drive to the mountains, I found the home...and some excited young people waiting for me. (Three energetic, young and upcoming music stars from Oregon, and a beautiful young woman named Morgan from the Shaver Lake area who was to be the model for the morning - her job to hold the guitar and let me play!) What I thought would be a fairly standard and possibly uninteresting assignment turned into an amazing session. I fell in love with Morgan and her spirit, and was truly impressed by the incredibly beautiful guitars Marc creates. I know nothing about music, but I do recognize beautiful handwork, and he excels at his trade. I was treated with kindness and country hospitality, all the coffee and smiles a photographer could ask for. The young men were extremely helpful - hauling big pieces of wood up and down the hill and keeping lovely Morgan cool and entertained. To top it all off, at the end of the morning I was treated to a very interesting, entertaining and yes, loud session in the recording room while I did a few candids of the boys singing and playing. A great morning. Thank you Marc, I love the photographs and hope you will as well!

No comments: