Friday, January 9, 2009

Time to Play


A few days after Christmas - I hung up my camera (well, off the clock anyway) and drove up the mountain to Shaver Lake with my husband Dean and 3 year old grandson Logan to play in the snow. I realized it had been YEARS since we had done that, maybe since our daughters were young. It seemed cold at first - but beautiful. The sky was as blue as can be, the air crisp and the snow quite crunchy. After climbing up and down a little hill or two we warmed up and were ready to make snow angels and scoot down the hill on our shiny new plastic red sled. Those babies go fast!
After several runs, an almost collision with a pine tree (not me, grandpa) a runny nose (mine) a short snowball fight, and cold hands... we enjoyed a hot chocolate at Trappers and then headed on down the hill to home. Truly a wonderful day - now I am hoping we can sneak Emily and Jonah away from their parents and make another trip with all three of the grandkids - are we crazy? Yeah, but aren't we lucky!

No comments: